10 Ways to Cope with Your Job Transition
I am going through a job transition right now, and I can tell you that this is not closer to be comfortable or even closer to an end. In my life, I went in and out many industries, but this time it is the hardest one, if I may say.
That is because, we are in pandemic, that we haven’t ever see in this life time. I bet that many, might say that I or anyone else, should stick to their actual jobs, and not go out about find a new risk adventure.
Job transitions can be stressful, at any circumstance, and during and the Covid 19 pandemic, we are witnessing a high number of layoffs, while others has to cover up the lack of workers, almost driving the society to insanity.
I wrote this article in the purpose of make it a bit easier, and clear how to go through this process, keeping your mental health, and confidence almost untouchable.
Check below the 10 Ways to Cope with Your Job Transitioning:
1. Take an honest look at yourself. What are your strengths, weaknesses, skills? How did those influence—positively or negatively—your transition?
2. Step up your self-care. Significant changes are physically and emotionally taxing. You need self-care now more than ever.
3. Engage your curiosity.
What went wrong, or right?
What could you have done better? What worked really well?
4. Focus on what you want and less on what you don’t want. Keep your eye on the prize.
5. Find support. Since your transition affects your family, it may be better to seek friends or professionals’ outside help.
6. Work on your thoughts. Calm your fears and reinforce your sense of hope and happiness.
7. Reassure (or avoid) those threatened by, or jealous of, the change.
8. Create your rite of passage. Ceremony and ritual help with all transitions.
9. Let go of how things were “supposed to be” and accept “how things are.” Find appreciation for what is.
10. Keep things in perspective.
Or try on a new perspective, don’t get stuck.
Remember, the only constant changes.
Where are you on these steps? Leave your comments below. And don’t forget to keep up with Online and Offline Events here!
Show us some ❤️ Follow us!